The Government has announced Fees Free 2018 is here.
You can see if you are eligible to receive fees free in 2018 at the Web site feesfree.govt.nz. You will need to have your National Student Number (NSN) handy to determine your eligibility.
Information we have seen states any eligible student can gain up to $12,000 for 1 Equivalent Full Time Student (EFTS) study. Part year study, like our Certificate in Nail Technology, also appear to be covered by the Fees Free 2018 policy.
Programmes we offer which we believe are covered by the Fees Free policy are:
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy and Applied Aesthetics
- Certificate in Nail Technology
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy and Applied Aesthetics with Certificate in Nail Technology – Up to $12,000
From the Fees Free Web site:
Learner criteria for provider-based study
You need to meet these requirements for fees-free provider-based study. You must:
- be allowed to work and live in New Zealand permanently, or be an Australian or New Zealand resident who has lived here for at least three years; and
- not be enrolled in school when your qualification starts, and either:
- been enrolled at school in 2017 or 2018, or
- not have undertaken previous study or training of more than 60 credits, except while you were at school, and
- enrol in an eligible qualification.
Eligible qualification and programme criteria
Your qualification or programme must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
- starts in 2018
- funded by the Tertiary Education Commission
- recognised by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- at Level 3 or above on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, and
- for industry training only, be at least 120 credits.
If you are enrolled and you believe you qualify for Fees Free study in 2018, please contact StudyLink if you have applied for a student loan already.