Certificate in Nail Technology
The only NZQA-Approved solely nail technology-based certificate in the South Island
Our comprehensive nail technology course teaches you how to become a nail technician. The nail technology course includes manicures, pedicures, acrylic false nails, gel false nails, overlays, nail wraps, nail tips, and more. The Certificate in Nail Technology is an NZQA-Approved course.
Quick Facts about the Certificate in Nail Technology Course
2018 Programme Fees for the Certificate in Nail Technology Course
Eligible students can get this course Fees Free.
Fees Free eligible ♦ Student loans available ♦ Extra expenses apply ♦ Fees finalised late in the year
about the Certificate in Nail Technology Course
20 hours per week
10 hours per week
Students per class
January and July
Approved for student loans
Approved for Fees Free
What You’ll Learn in the Certificate in Nail Technology Course
Click on the component title to learn more.
- Care for fingernails and toenails
- Massage the lower arms, hands, lower legs, and feet
- Learn professional conduct and ethics
- Understand basic beauty therapy business aspects
- Learn structures and functions of arms and legs for manicure
- Understand the structures and functions of skin for manicure
- Understand the structures and functions of nails
- Learn about basic chemistry
- Know types and functions of different manicure products
- Learn main manicure product ingredients
- Apply various false nail systems
- Repair false nails
- Create free-form false nails
- Learn false nail product chemistry
- Identify damage from false nails
- Learn main false nail product ingredients
Recognised Qualifications Available from the Certificate in Nail Technology Course
The National School of Aesthetics Qualifications
When you successfully complete your Certificate in Nail Technology course, you are eligible for the following qualifications:
- Certificate in Nail Technology
Optional International Qualifications
You also can sit international examinations. These are extra expenses, and you may need to complete further study and work.
When you successfully complete the international examinations, you may be eligible for the following qualifications:
- ITEC Diploma in Nail Technology
Dates, Times, Costs, and More Details about the Certificate in Nail Technology Course
The July 2018 intake is close to full as of Thursday, 22 March 2018.
23 Jul 2018
2 Nov 2018
Monday to Friday
9AM – 1PM
See Special Notes for more information.
Domestic students may be eligible for student loans and allowances.
There are no school holidays during the full time programme.
Special Notes about the Certificate in Nail Technology Course
- All prices include 15% GST and are in New Zealand dollars.
- See Application and Enrolment Dates for further information. To avoid disappointment, we highly suggest applying for your course as soon as the enrolment opens.
- For this course, we require at least 8 students to be enrolled a week-and-a-half prior to the course starting date in order for it to proceed.
- * Programme fees listed may be tentative only. We usually do not know definitive prices for the following year until funding is approved and other policies are released.
- All students: You must pay a $100 non-refundable enrolment administration fee when you enrol. You cannot pay the enrolment administration fee by, or get it reimbursed, a student loan or the Fees Free scheme. The non-refundable enrolment administration fee is a charge outside of your programme fees and extra expenses.
- International Students: Please see the International Students section.
- International students must pay their entire course fee on enrolment.
- The National School of Aesthetics reserves the right to alter or change details, prices, dates, et cetera, on the courses at the school.
- This information was correct and accurate (and in some cases, forecasted) at the time of Web publication (03/18).
- Extra expenses apply.
- Payment plans are not available.
- See The Physiotherapy Act Disclaimer for further information on the Physiotherapy Act and the National School of Aesthetics.