Your final assessments at the National School of Aesthetics
Final examinations determine your overall knowledge and serve as a final indicator of the sum of your knowledge and skills in this area.
Final examinations count for 30% of your final grade. You must pass each area in each subject by 60% or higher.
The sections are:
- Theory examination: Must be passed by 60%.
- Practical examination: Must be passed by 60% and all required sections passed.
- Case studies: Must gain a pass mark.
An example of this: Suzie gains 84% for her theory examination, 89% for her practical examination and a pass mark for her case studies. She therefore passes her final examination.
An example with regards to subjects: In the Diploma in Beauty Therapy, we examine for three separate qualifications:
- the Certificate in Aesthetics (Facial Therapy);
- the Certificate in Physiatrics (Body Therapy); and
- the Certificate in Electrology (Epilation).
As a student, you must pass the theory examination, practical examination and case studies component for each qualification in order to gain the Diploma in Beauty Therapy and Applied Aesthetics.
It is extremely important that you study and practice on a daily basis for your course to ensure your knowledge and practical skills are up-to-speed to successfully complete the final examinations.