New Zealand Certificate in Nail Technology
The only NZQA-Approved nail technology programme in the South Island
Our nail technology course teaches you how to become a nail technician so you can work in the nail technology industry. The nail technology course includes manicures, pedicures, acrylic false nails, gel false nails, overlays, nail wraps, nail tips, and even more. NZQA has approved the New Zealand Certificate in Nail Technology programme so you can rest assured your qualification is recognised.
Quick Facts about the New Zealand Certificate in Nail Technology Course
2019 Programme Fees for the New Zealand Certificate in Nail Technology Course
This course is Fees Free for eligible students.
Fees Free eligible ♦ Student loans available
Extra expenses apply ♦ * Fees finalised late in 2018
about the New Zealand Certificate in Nail Technology Course
40 weeks plus holidays
Face-to-face and self-directed study
25 hours per week (first two terms)
5+ hours per month (last two terms)
at least 12.5+ hours per week (first two terms)
20+ hours per week (last two terms)
Students per class
January and July
Approved for student loans
Approved for Fees Free
What You’ll Learn in the New Zealand Certificate in Nail Technology Course
Click on the link under the section title to learn more.
Recognised Qualifications Available from the New Zealand Certificate in Nail Technology Course
The National School of Aesthetics Qualifications
You can gain these qualifications when you successfully complete your New Zealand Certificate in Nail Technology course:
- New Zealand Certificate in Nail Technology
Optional International Qualifications
You can sit international examinations also. These are extra expenses. You may need to complete further study and work.
You can gain these qualifications when you successfully complete your international examinations:
- Diploma in Nail Technology
Dates, Times, Costs, and More Details about the New Zealand Certificate in Nail Technology Course
22 Jul 2019
19 Jun 2020
Term Three 2019 and Term Four 2019
Monday to Friday
9AM – 2:30PM
Term One 2020 and Term Two 2020
1 day per month
9AM – 2:30PM
You will need to complete 20 hours per week of documented treatments, case studies, portfolio work, and projects in the last two terms.
See Special Notes for more information.
Special Notes about the New Zealand Certificate in Nail Technology Course
- All prices are in New Zealand dollars.
- All prices include 15% GST.
- See Application and Enrolment Dates for further information. You should apply for your course as soon as enrolment opens to avoid disappointment.
- We need at least 8 students to be enrolled 2 weeks before the course starts for us to proceed with it.
- * Programme fees are estimated. We know the actual fees for the following year when the Government approves our funding and releases its policies.
- The lower domestic price is for students who attend classes the first 2 terms and perform self-directed tasks the second 2 terms. The higher domestic price is for students who attend classes in all terms. The 2-term inside class option is the only option available in 2019.
- All students: You must pay a $100 non-refundable enrolment administration fee when you enrol. Your student loan or the Fees Free scheme will not pay your enrolment administration fee, so they will not pay it back to you. The non-refundable enrolment administration fee is a charge outside of your programme fees and extra expenses.
- International Students: Please see the International Students section.
- International students must pay all their fees when they enrol.
- The National School of Aesthetics reserves the right to alter or change details, prices, dates, et cetera, on the courses at the school.
- This information was correct at the time we published it (02/19).
- Extra expenses apply.
- Payment plans are not available.
- See The Physiotherapy Act Disclaimer for further information on the Physiotherapy Act and the National School of Aesthetics.