Aegrotat Grades for Quizzes and Tests
If you were absent from school for a medical or bereavement reason, or at the discretion of the Principal or a Director, and you bring in a medical certificate for that day you were absent stating you were unwell and unable to attend class (or a bereavement notice and evidence as per the Rules), we may grant you an aegrotat grade for the quiz or test you missed that day.
If your application is accepted, we will give you an overall average of your quizzes and tests as your grade for that assessment at the end of your programme. So, an 86% overall in your other tests throughout the programme will get you an 86% for that missed quiz or test.
- You cannot claim aegrotat passes for homework.
- You may not be able to claim aegrotat passes for major tests.
- You cannot claim an aegrotat grade if:
- you did not call or text in sick on the day you were away (or gain prior clearance from the Principal); and
- do not have a medical certificate (or proof of bereavement).
You will be required to have attended and passed most of your major assessments, and we reserve the right to require you are assessed on certain major assessments, regardless if you were away due to an illness or bereavement, to ensure your competency in those areas.
For example: If you have missed eight assessments with maximum marks of 50 and 100 points each, you may not have enough evidence of competence in your grades, and you will therefore need to demonstrate competency in some or all areas you have missed assessments for.
See Absenteeism for more information.