Legally, we need to confirm the identity of every student who applies and enrols with us.
You can do this by submitting a photocopy of your passport or valid NZ driver’s license with your application. You will need to bring the original to the interview with you.
If you do not have a passport or valid NZ driver’s license, you will need to supply a passport photo that is verified on the back.
What do we require in a passport photo?
This passport photo must be:
- 5 centimetres high by 4 centimetres wide;
- a passport photo (other types not accepted);
- certified as a true copy of your likeness on the back
- There is normally a sticker you can get from the passport photographer. It reads:
- “CERTIFIED TRUE LIKENESS OF:”
- Full Name of Applicant. This is where you put your full name, i.e. Jane Marie Smith
- Signature of Certifier. This is the signature of someone who can verify this is you. You cannot sign that you verify you are you.
- Date. The date the certifier signed the photo.
- Photos that are not certified will only be considered valid once someone from the school witnesses:
- your passport; or
- your driver’s license; or
- any other legal or official photographic ID or ID card.
Where can you get a passport photo?
You can buy passport photos at a passport photographer. Look up “passport photographers” in your local Yellow Pages for more information.
Do we have any further requirements?
Please do not fasten, glue, or secure the photo to paper, and do not trim the white border off, if possible.
Do we accept alternatives, i.e. school photos, digital photos, et cetera?
Sorry, no alternatives are acceptable. The photo is used for identification purposes and will be used on your ID badge if you are accepted.
If you have any questions about this photo, please let us know. See the example we have supplied as well.