Three international ladies

Medical and
Travel Insurance

Home » International Students » Medical and Travel Insurance

Medical and Travel Insurance

Protect yourself while you study in New Zealand

If you are an international student, you need to have valid medical and travel insurance before leaving your home country and starting your course with us. This is a requirement under the Code of Practice.

You also need to understand the insurer may not cover you for previous medical condition(s). You need to apply to the insurer to gain cover for it, and the insurer will contact you and let you know whether or not you are covered for your previous medical condition(s).

The Code requires international students to hold valid medical and travel insurance throughout their journey to, time in, and journey from New Zealand.

You can only get your medical and travel insurance through one of the following companies:

InBound Travel & Medical Insurance – NZ Student Plan


Uni-Care International Travel Insurance Service

Private Bag 68910


New Zealand

Telephone: +64 9 362 4039

Approximate Price

$520 for 11 months

International Student Travel Insurance


Southern Cross Travel Insurance

Private Bag 99925


Auckland 1149

Telephone (inside New Zealand): 0800 800 571

Telephone (International): +64 9 979 6593

Approximate Price

$579 for 11 months

Orbit Protect International Student Prime Insurance


Orbit Protect

PO Box 2011

Christchurch 8140

Telephone (inside New Zealand): 0800 478 833

Telephone (International): +64 3 434 8151

Approximate Price

$421 for 11 months

Studentsafe Inbound Learners

Ensure you choose the non-university insurance


InsuranceSafeNZ – Allianz Global Assistance

Level 3, 1 Byron Avenue


Auckland 0622

New Zealand

Telephone (inside New Zealand): 0800 486 004

Telephone (International): +64 9 488 1638

Approximate Price

$416 to $491 for 11 months

Launch your beauty career with NaSA

Download a Course Info Pack